UNESCO invites young post-graduate researchers in developing countries with a Masters degree or equivalent, to apply for fellowships. This Research Fellowship Programme is financed by Japan through funds-in-trust dedicated to the development of human resources.
The programme, named after the late Japanese Prime Minister Keizo Obuchi, offers a total of 20 fellowships to researchers.
A maximum amount between US$ 6,000 - 10,000 will be awarded to the two candidates.
The aim is to impact on capacity building and research activities in one of four fields:
The Member States of UNESCO who are eligible to apply are:
NB: the former 15 EU Member States are not eligible to apply.
All applications must be sent to the National Commission for UNESCO of the country of origin of the candidate that will then decide whether they will submit the application to UNESCO.
Deadline: 30 August 2013
Application form, eligible countries and further information:
National Directory of Unesco national commissions:
> Key documents
- UNESCO/Keizo OBUCHI research Fellowships programme
- UNESCO Fellowships Section
- 7, Place de Fontenoy
- FR - 75352 PARIS 07 SP
- phone: +33 (0) 1 45 68 13 13
- fax: +33 (0) 1 45 68 55 02/03
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- internet: http://portal.unesco.org/unesco/ev.php?URL_ID=17450&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201&reload=1070360301